Monday, August 5, 2013

12th Doctor Revealed!!

12th Doctor: Peter Capaldi

Well there he is folks.  The twelfth Doctor, Peter Capaldi.  It will be sad saying farewell to Matt Smith, but I'm looking forward to Mr. Capaldi's portrayal of The Doctor.  Upon hearing of Matt's departure from the show, I immediately started thinking of replacement candidates.  Like everyone else, I had my own ideas for who it should be.  I definitely did NOT want the new Doctor to be a woman and I wanted him to be older (I was actually envisioning Hugh Laurie) & hopefully a ginger.  Luckily, my first 2 specifications were met.  Despite Peter not being Hugh or ginger, I'm happy with the choice.  Peter is definitely a handsome older man, & as my friend Angela pointed out, he looks like he'd have a wicked sense of humor.  

This image perfectly sums up my feelings for 9, 10, & 11.

It is ALWAYS difficult adjusting to a new face, but we have to give him a chance.  I remember how apprehensive I was when David Tennant took over for Christopher Eccleston (my first Doctor).  It took me a good 5 or 6 episodes to warm up to him, and then I fell in love with his portrayal & was in tears when he regenerated.  I still miss him.  Surprisingly, I liked Matt right away, but I still I don't have the same "feelings" I had for David.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Peter will define his place as 12.  And if nothing else, it'll be a fun ride.

    

1 comment:

  1. I agree! People give him a chance! It will be a hard transition because every regeneration is. It will be especially difficult for those introduced to the series during Matt Smith's run as the doctor. Smith was the youngest actor to ever play the doctor (26) while Capaldi is tied as the oldest (55). I am ready for the Doctor to return to the darker edges that Nine had and that has begun to peak out of Eleven. I think Capaldi is the man to so this. I don't have to want to kiss the Doctor to want to travel with the madman in his blue box. As The Doctor has taught us no matter what this regeneration brings, hold and pretend its a plan.

    ReplyDelete